Your Cart is Currently Empty
Have you ever heard of “humanized mice?” Well, it is an actual thing. Humanized mice are created by surgical implantations of human tissue into mice that have been genetically mutated in a way that blocks the development of the mouse’s immune system. This allows the implanted human tissues to grow and develop into functional human tissues inside the mice.
So who exactly are the scientists who are creating these humanized mice. And where do the scientists that are doing it get the human tissue that they implant into the mice?
Well, those are very good questions. It seems that the scientists are government workers who work for the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), an agency of the federal government that is under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. And they get the human tissue from Advanced Bioscience Resources (ABR), a human fetal tissue provider. Yes, you read that right, the federal government has been buying the tissue of aborted babies to implant into mice in order to do scientific research.
Judicial Watch, a private government watchdog organization, has obtained records showing that the government has spent an exorbitant amount of tax dollars to purchase fetal livers, thymuses, and even intact heads for their research – all from aborted babies. The government has used all kinds of tactics to hide that fact that this kind of research exists, or to delay word getting out. Judicial Watch finally gained access to it by filing Freedom of Information (FOIA) lawsuits to force the government to divulge this information.
As a Christian, I find this practice to be unconscionable – on more than one level.
- First, the practice of murdering babies in the womb is a complete devaluation of human life that is totally contrary to Christian beliefs. Second, the fact that scientists are harvesting human organs and implanting them into mice makes a mockery of human dignity. Finally, the fact that I am being forced to pay for it with my tax dollars is beyond the pale.
Obviously, those who are participating in this process (abortionists, fetal tissue brokers, and government researchers) have an entirely different set of values. And what, exactly are those values?
- They don’t view human life as sacred. They pretend they do by saying that this kind of research will ultimately save human lives. And that might at least be half true if there were no other way to do the research. But that is not the case. This approach to doing research is not the only option. This lame excuse is also exposed by the fact that they are killing certain human beings in the attempt to try to save others. This is simply unacceptable.
- They also don’t view human life as unique. Based on their naturalistic beliefs, human beings are just one species of natural animal creature on earth among many. They don’t believe in God, and don’t believe God created man unique – in His own image.
- Additionally, they view the needs of the collective above the needs of the individual. They don’t mind killing individuals for the sake of finding ways to solve the problems of collective society, and they don’t mind taking money from the collective to pay for their research.
- Beyond that, they assume that their value system is right to the extent that they don’t mind trampling on the consciences of those who view this practice as immoral. They have created their own moral value system, and by it have deemed it to be right simply on the basis of the fact that they have the power to do it.
- Finally, not only do they have their own value system, they don’t have any respect other people’s values who might disagree with them.
So just how have we come to the place where this kind of thing is even possible? We have come to this place because those who believe in naturalistic religion have been more active and intentional in spreading their religious faith than Christians.
Yes, Naturalism (the belief that the natural universe, operating by natural laws, is all that exists) is a religious point of view. Even though they try to hide behind science to promote their point of view, there is no science to back it up. These people are religious zealots. And the only way to legitimately push back against them is to fight in the realm of the spirit. Their faith does not represent truth – ours does. And until Christians begin exposing the false beliefs of these naturalistic religious zealots, and becoming more active in sharing the truth of our own faith, they will continue to remake the culture according to their immoral values.
Freddy Davis is the president of MarketFaith Ministries. He is the author of numerous books and has a background as an international missionary, pastor, radio host, worldview trainer, and entrepreneur. Freddy is a graduate of Florida State University with a BS in Communication, and holds MDiv and DMin degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is a popular speaker, particularly on the topic of worldview and its practical implications for the Christian life. He lives in Tallahassee, FL, with his wife Deborah.
You may also contact Freddy at Leadership Speakers Bureau to schedule him for speaking or leadership engagements.
To set up an appointment to speak to a Literary Agent:
Email: Alfredo Baguio
Call: (702) 605-4354