Your Cart is Currently Empty
We could honestly go on and on giving examples of people being cancelled for speaking the truth about what is real, and of people being elevated for speaking untruth about what is real. It has been happening in the news media for a long time. In more recent times we see it prominently happening on social media, as well. For example:
- There have been doctors fired from their jobs for having “non official” opinions about COVID treatments.
- People have been kicked off of Facebook and Twitter for speaking out against vaccine mandates, or for questioning government policy.
- The Babylon Bee (a satire website) was kicked off Twitter for satirically naming Rachael Levine (AKA Richard Levine) Man of the Year.
- Rep. Vicky Hartzler (and many others) were kicked off Twitter for not supporting Lia Thomas (AKA William Thomas) in his bid to compete as a woman swimmer.
- The news media often refuses to report riots, particularly when the rioters are acting based on political policies the media leaders support.
- News reporters often intentionally misreport facts to create a disadvantage for politicians they don’t care for.
Abortion (Pro-abortion groups don’t consider abortion the killing of a child.)
- The Super Bowl blocked an ad from a pro-life group.
- Both Facebook and Twitter will block the ads of pro-life organizations.
And we could go on with other examples about race, homosexuality, illegal immigration, drug use, alcohol abuse, police work, judicial process, and many others.
Now it is one thing for people to have disagreements. That has always existed and will continue until Jesus comes again. It is another thing altogether to actively cancel those who stand for what is real.
The fact is:
- Even now there are still no definitive answers as to the effectiveness of the COVID vaccines and their potential side effects.
- Transgender women are still physiologically men and transgender men are still physiologically women.
- Events in society actually happen in a way that can be objectively reported upon.
- An unborn child is, objectively, a living human being.
At this point it would be possible to turn political and talk about free speech, or take a moralistic angle and deal with biblical morality vs. the moral relativism that is currently so prominent in society. But that is not where I am going with this. I actually do have views on those subjects and don’t mind publicly talking about them, but there is something that I believe is even more important. There is an actual way reality is structured and it is not structured any other way. And people who wish to promote points of view that do not reflect reality will ultimately break themselves by doing so. They will break themselves personally as their own lives spiral out of control, and they will break themselves corporately as the world they create crashes in upon them.
The denial of God is one way of denying reality. The promotion of moral relativism is another. The acceptance of political and economic narratives that are based on a belief in the “goodness of man” is still another way. The truth is, God actually exists. He is an objectively real person who has revealed His expectations regarding morality. Beyond that, He has structured reality in a way that only works personally and socially when people adhere to the way that reality is actually structured.
We live in a world, though, that, to a large extent, does not accept reality. As we look around and see riots, wars, political assassinations, a lack of respect for life, no respect for truth, rampant sexual immorality, a denial of biological reality, hatred of those who are not like us, hatred of those who disagree with us, disdain for the rule of law, lack of respect for one’s own body, and the like. And every time we see those things, we are watching acts based on beliefs that are not real – and everyone is paying the price for it.
There is only one way to turn it around. It will require a change of hearts and minds. It will require that Christians begin putting forth more effort to snatch people out of their fantasy existence and share with them the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is only people whose lives have been transformed by entering into a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ who have the understanding and motivation to live in actual reality.
Freddy Davis is the president of MarketFaith Ministries. He is the author of numerous books and has a background as an international missionary, pastor, radio host, worldview trainer, and entrepreneur. Freddy is a graduate of Florida State University with a BS in Communication, and holds MDiv and DMin degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is a popular speaker, particularly on the topic of worldview and its practical implications for the Christian life. He lives in Tallahassee, FL, with his wife Deborah.
You may also contact Freddy at Leadership Speakers Bureau to schedule him for speaking or leadership engagements.
To set up an appointment to speak to a Literary Agent:
Email: Alfredo Baguio
Call: (702) 605-4354